Man discovers used KFC glove in his large chips from Kwinina KFC in Western Australia

A hawk-eyed Kentucky Fried Chicken shopper was shocked to discover one of the fast food chain’s secret ingredients and claimed she believed the substance was banned.

The New Zealand woman shared a picture of a seasoning packet that read, “Colonel Sanders’ Kentucky Fried Chicken Seasoning Recipe.”

The label reveals that the ingredients contain more than just the series’ famous “secret herbs and spices,” including the controversial salt MSG (monosodium glutamate).

An Eagle Eye Kentucky Fried Chicken customer posted a photo of a condiment packet from the fast food chain, showing that MSG (monosodium glutamate) was one of the ingredients in his chicken.

An Eagle Eye Kentucky Fried Chicken customer posted a photo of a condiment packet from the fast food chain, showing that MSG (monosodium glutamate) was one of the ingredients in his chicken.

Colonel Harland Sanders, founder of Kentucky Fried Chicken, appears here celebrating his 88th birthday after inventing the popular 11-seasoning recipe that's been a closely-guarded secret since the 1940s.

Shown here is Col. Harland Sanders, founder of Kentucky Fried Chicken, celebrating his 88th birthday after inventing the popular 11-seasoning recipe that’s been a closely-guarded secret since the 1940s.

The client got angry and posted his dissatisfaction on social media, which sparked a heated discussion about the popular dinner.

“It’s like salt on a crack,” she wrote on Facebook.

Facebook users were divided, with some sharing their shock that MSG was the secret to the original Kentucky Fried Chicken recipe, while others said it was good in moderation.

“I read some articles about MSG or Chinese Restaurant Syndrome. It was basically an attack on ethnic communities by some who were just racists! In moderation it’s okay! ‘Umami seasoning is the same,’” one woman replied.

KFC says it uses MSG in accordance with Food Standards guidelines in Australia and New Zealand, and the additive is found naturally in many foods.

KFC says it uses MSG in accordance with Food Standards guidelines in Australia and New Zealand, and the additive is found naturally in many foods.

Another said, “I’m sure MSG was never banned and all the myths about it being bad for you have been debunked.”

Others who joined the debate were concerned that the additive was a crucial ingredient in Kentucky Fried Chicken.

One wrote: “Ah, no wonder I always get sick afterwards.”

Extensive studies of MSG have been conducted over the past 40 years, but no medical authorities have found convincing evidence of links to serious illness or death in humans.

Many people say they experience side effects from eating foods containing MSG, including headaches, sweating, heart palpitations and nausea.

As a result, countries around the world ensure that the additive must be approved for use and clearly labeled before it can be used in products.

A man in Mahad, northern India, reportedly lost his voice and ability to swallow after ingesting MSG in 2017.

According to a report in the Indian Journal of Critical Care Medicine, the 23-year-old went to the hospital with speech difficulties and could not swallow his saliva.

Doctors found his mouth swollen and blamed MSG in the Chinese fried rice he had for dinner the night before.

The man complained of dizziness, sweating and itching all over his body, but he recovered within a few days

KFC has confirmed that it is using MSG.

The fried chicken chain’s website reads: “Some of our foods contain MSG, but rest assured, it is only present in amounts that are safe for the general public.”

“It’s a recognized flavor enhancer that also occurs naturally in foods such as meat, fish, milk, vegetables, fruits, and cheese.”

Food Standards Australia and New Zealand say they have been researching MSG for four decades and believe it is safe.

Food Standards Australia and New Zealand (FSANZ) reviewed the safety of MSG in 2003 and concluded that “there is no convincing evidence that MSG is an important factor in causing systemic reactions that lead to serious illness or death,” according to the group’s website.

In Australia and New Zealand, no food additive – including MSG – has been approved for use in food until its safety has been determined by the FSANZ.

“Monosodium glutamate and other glutamate belong to the group of food additives that are generally permitted in food because of their safety.”

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11347407/Man-discovers-used-KFC-glove-large-chips-Kwinina-KFC-Western-Australia.html?ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490&ito=1490 Discover the use of the KFC glove in his large chips from Kwinina KFC in Western Australia